A nice offer I couldn't refuse
Hi guys --

Got a nice surprise yesterday - an email from Joe Fugate over at Model Railroad Hobbyist magazine, with a question on whether I would agree to to letting them use some (like 14) of the small switching layout plans (and the comments on these plans) I had posted in various discussions on the MRH web forum plans for an article they were working on.

I first thought someone was pulling my leg, but the email address seems legit, and they replied and confirmed when I wrote back to their official address.

Nice that they follow their forum posts, and pull out posts that they can use for articles. And very nice of them to offer a rate of $25 per plan - which works out to $350 for the 14 small track plans. Not enough to quit my day job for, but certainly enough for a nice locomotive or two, or a group of extra freight cars or some nice building kits for my layout.

They were going to do a writeup and send me the proofs. We'll see what happens - magazine article ideas doesn't always lead to articles actually being published - a better idea may come along and bump the original idea to the "maybe someday" pile, or into the bit bucket. But money or no money, published or not - I appreciated getting the offer.

Smile,
Stein

Messages In This Thread