Simple track section problem
Ian: Does the Duette have the reversing switch part of the speed control or is there a separate slide switch for direction? The slide switch would be a DPDT.

Does your unit that stalls have pickup from all wheels or does it pick up from one rail on one truck/bogie and the other rail on the other truck? If it does that, the unit could be stuck between the sections because it's trying to pickup from controller A and return to controller B.
The shunter probably picks up on all wheels so crosses the gap. It might cause a problem if you had one controller set for the opposite direction.

The best solution for your problem might be (well, it's how I do it) to have a selector switch on each block to connect it to either controller. Then you just put both blocks on controller A and run through. The selector switches would probably be a DPDT (double pole double throw) switch with a centre-off position.
If you want to have both locos on the layout at the same time, you will need some place to isolate one of them -- a siding or a piece of track with an on/off switch controlling it.

I haven't played with a Duette for several decades. I think that it has separate transformers for each controller, so your next option is common rail.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.

Messages In This Thread