An engine servicing facility for the JGL
Hi all, back with an update. Thanks Wayne for that last idea, I wound up using it. With the roundhouse done I worked on a few other things while I waited for a friend to come over and help me get the roundhouse installed on the layout. I had soldered leads for the stall tracks to the bottom of each rail and needed to place the wires thru holes drilled in the subroadbed whlst the roundhouse was lowered into place, so needed more hands. I hate soldering feeds to the outside of rails! Particularly in this case, with little room between the pit and roundhouse doors, all glued in the open position, I saw no need to be opening and closing them. So I built and decaled a steel water tank, and scratchbuilt a small shed and an office for train crews. A few new pics, and some more questions:

This pic is taken from the end of the peninsula. You see the H column suggestion has been used, and I like the look. The smoke stacks have been moved back and the new roof sections have been hot tarred in. You can see most of the water tower to the left, with the JGL logo on it. I have ordered the neagtive ion generator needed to build the static grass applicator and when it arrives I look forward to growing some grass on the hill behing the roundhouse.

Messages In This Thread