An engine servicing facility for the JGL
Thanks so much to Pete, Bob, Galen and Russ for their thoughts on the spacing of the platform roof supports. I was hoping I could get by with 3" and it seems that may be too far apart given the wood supports and shingled wooden roof I plan. And thanks very much for that photo Bob, it will be helpful! I need to buy more supports and I'll get going on this.

Thanks also to Gary and HercDriver for your kind words. Somday I hope to get my friend Blake over and perhaps with his camera we can get better photos of the interior. As much as I like to have detailed interiors, I find as I work on them I get impatient to move along, I have so much to do. I suppose an option would be to come back later and do the interiors. This may be the way I go in the future.

Steve, I don't enter the competitions often because my track record for getting a project done on time is poor! When I first read about this summers structure challenge, I thought "hey, I have the perfect project for it" But I'm now involved with relaying some trackage I tore up and then I will go back to the Station, so no way I'll get to it in time. Here are the walls of the kit I thought of, leaning against each other in the spot it will go.

Messages In This Thread