Part of the Board is missing
Charlie B Wrote:Norton causes so many problems it isn't worth having. I have seen virus's do less damage. I had a lady that we knew that used to call me with computer troubles, and every time it was caused by Norton.. I would uninstall and set up AVG free, then her son, a "geek" would show up and reinstall Norton and uninstall avg. I would get a call in a week or so.. I finally told her to just have her son fix it since she obviously didn't think I knew what I was doing.
Last I heard she had bought a new machine, and it came with Norton all ready installed. I don't think it is the anti-virus section of the program, but the extra add ons that are supposed to keep your computer from crashing.
Yeah, I love it when people ask for your advice, then do what they like. My youngest son is constantly calling either me or my other son for a way out of some mess that he created, then proceeds to get himself into another mess because he didn't listen in the first place. As for Norton, I used to swear by it, until one day I tried to remove it and no matter what I did, it kept popping back up telling me that it was sure that I didn't mean to disable it. I likened it to stepping into a pile of you-know-what, and no matter what you do, you can never get rid of it all and the stink never goes away. Wallbang
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread