Wisconsin in N
Thanks for the kind words guys, the layout has been 'in progress' for about 12 years - I'm not expecting it to be finished any time soon Icon_lol

It is a generic Wisconsin Central layout, but primarily based on the Stevens Point / Wisconsin Rapids area, but ther was so much cool stuff i 'cheery picked' rather than sticking to one specific location. The depot building for example is based on a GBW prototype similar in style, though considerably smaller than the one at Stevens Point. One of the guys on the WC2scale group was kind enough to say my paper mill reminded him of the one at Nekooska where he had worked 8-) one of my next projects is to build the Theile kaolin plant at Wisconsin rapids:

http://wc2scale.org/zenphoto/wc-industri...to.jpg.php

I had wanted to include parts of the 'Plover Sub', specifically the Del Monte and McCains plants, but haven't managed it yet.

Ralph, the large steel sided building is a scratch build representation of a Flambeau Plastics moulding company. They were one of the major suppliers I had dealings with when I was working in quality assurance some years ago. Not a Wisconsin based company, but I wanted to include a plastics company and it seemed fitting.

Cheers,

Kev
Such is life

Messages In This Thread