View New Posts Link
Tyson Rayles Wrote:Oh crap, same here! Curse Wallbang Shoot It's like there is a time limit or sumthin', a new post you can edit but anything I posted yesterday I can't???????? Nope 790_smiley_picking_a_fight
Yup, you're right, there has always been a time limit on how long you have to edit a post. However, I just checked that setting and it has been disabled, so right now you should be able to edit any and all of your posts. So we have a conflict here, the setting says you can edit anything, our rules have been that you could only for 24 hours, and right now we have no idea where we are on this.

I think I've got some work cut out for me today and see what other great things were changed by this update we did a week ago. It should not have changed any of our default setting, so now I've got to check them all. The idea behind the 24 hour limit is to prevent someone from changing the context or content of a post that has had several replies to it. I know, we've all posted something that we regretted from time to time, but 24 hours should be enough to back out or change what you said.

Just give me some time to see what going on here, it sounds contradictory to how it's set up though....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread