MRR Club Experiences
I don't know if this has been discussed on this forum before ....guess I'm a little curious about the various comments folks have about clubs . Maybe I'm looking for the " holy grail " of clubs ...maybe I'm a sucker for punishment 35

About 8 or 9 years ago I joined what was then a modular mrring club . Not that I particularly liked modular ( I don't ) nor the moderm era they modeled ( I prefer steam/ early diesel ) , but I wanted the mrring camaraderie and all it brought to the table . The club decided to change to a permanent LARGE layout about 5 years ago . Members pay $20/month . OK by me . I even bought a modern diesel loco but nobody said much if I whipped out my Shay or Mikado .

Trouble was , with 30+ members , about 5 of us wanted to do the work on this huge project . I guess if you pays yer money , you can do what you want .....but , but . I went to the club to work ( on the layout ) and have fun . I can get hassles in lots of other places Misngth

Long story , short , I left the club and there are no others that I know of in the area . Strange situation , but true .I'm kind of a quiet type , I quite enjoy modeling and mrring on my own but am amazed at what seems to be an opportunity lost by a lot of mrrers . I'll grade my experience a C- .

Anyone else ??

Terry
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.

Messages In This Thread