Walthers HO Scale Ore Dock help
Bigsteel Wrote:this guy did exactly what you want to do and kitbashed 4 docks together.i cant find an approach length but this should give an idea of the finished size of the dock itself http://algomacentral.railfan.net/models.htm--josh

Josh, thanks for the link, its funny you should post that, another member on another forum i asked this question posted the same link to his ore dock lol

He has a sweet looking double sided ore dock, his is double sided where mine would be single sided.

I joined the yahoo group called "STEEL" and also asked the ore dock question i asked above. Shure enough, i got an e-mail a few mins ago and i got the measurements i needed. Seems that i will not be able to use 4 kits end to end lol. That would make it the Ore Dock nearly 13' long single sided double track lol

He told me that the approach was about 13" long. 13"-48-1/2" = 35-1/2" x 3 (3 kits) = 106-1/2"

106-1/2" is the Ore Dock with all 3 kits minus the approaches for each of them. Take 106-1/2" and add 48-1/2" to it (the length of a full ore dock kit W/approach) and it comes out to 155" = 12.91 feet of Ore Dock and have 72 Chutes

If i take one Ore Dock kit out of that (one of the inner kits that does not have the approach) it becomes 119-1/2" or 9.95 feet of Ore Dock and have 54 Chutes

Anyways, ive got some work to do to decide how long i want this dock lol.

Thanks again for your guys replies Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World

Messages In This Thread