Great Northern Atlantic
Shortly before test running on Unna Convention:

[Image: dsc04816yxkne.jpg]
Here we have full sight the really off-road look on the frame aft. And my friend said he has no off-road rails, no streetcar curvatures and no roller coaster track configurations, so why not close the gap.

[Image: dsc05368rxypp.jpg]
First step was to cut two frame extensions from thin brass sheet. Then soldering them onto the main frame.

[Image: dsc05369zmy0f.jpg]
Then this part. I don't know the exact technical expression for it, but with the aid of this square trunk the rear of the frame is bearing on the delta truck.
I made this device out of a piece of brass rod. Soldered mounting brackets to it and mount it onto the main frame.

[Image: dsc05370jdsak.jpg]
And to act somewhat like the real thing i made a leaf spring and soldered it to the rear end of the delta truck.

[Image: dsc05396kwok5.jpg]
A look from underneath. The frame "gap closers" are paralell to the main frame in this case. Otherwise thee is the possibility to mount them in a Vee shaped manner more together close on the rear end of the main frame.
To avoid short circuits i glued a piece of thin styrene on the side of the insulated wheel.

Still waiting for PSC parts...

Lutz

Messages In This Thread