Great Northern Atlantic
Meanwhile was the problem that there is in reality not enough space under the tender shell.
There are at least too much snaking wires and the decoder is one of the bigger ones.

[Image: dsc05403frrgs.jpg]
The first attempt is to cut an opening into the bottom of the coal bunker. Later this tender will be coaled and the best solution is to make a double bottom which will be inserted into the coal bunker.

[Image: dsc054049tq3d.jpg]
Here is a look what is under the shell. The plug from the loc is not plugged in here.
The blue and the yellow wire are for the rear light and leading to a 2-pole socket. There is a pin, simply made from a left over of teh resistors wire, plugged in. One of the ultra-thin LED wires is soldered here direct onto. The other wire is soldered onto the LEDs resistor and the rsistor is plugged in. A marking on resistor and socket shows were to plug in.
Further there is the factory mounted capcitor.
The purple wires are leding to the spreaker, here i made an additional plug - socket connection.
So you are able to screw and unscrew the tender and plug and unplug the electrics without soldering duties. The loco itself has a similar solution with plugs.

[Image: dsc05408kirpm.jpg]
Here a look to the cab interior light. A 3mm LED and the resistor are glued to a small piece of 0,3mm white styrene. The styrene sheet is bend according the cab roof. After painting the still white area acts like an reflector.

[Image: dsc05406uwob6.jpg]
Next was the bridge between loco and tender. A brass sheet with safety pattern was cut into a sizeable form. Then a 0,5mm brass wire was soldered onto.
The hinges were bend out of 0,3mm soft brass wire and put into drilled holes at the back plate. The end of the hinges were bend an soldered at the rear side thus preventing to solder accintentially the hinges.

[Image: dsc05407yhqul.jpg]
It is moveable.

[Image: dsc054090nqgn.jpg]
The ropes to bell and whistle were made out of 0,3mm soft brass wire. Yes 1900, i know you do not like this stuff, but here in this case it is the right material. Wink
If it is too thick, it is no problem to pull it thinner as i have done it.
The photo shows an other damage too which i have to fit. The rear sand line came loose.

[Image: dsc054154yfnf.jpg]
Light check. Photo without flash.
The red glow is from the decoders red indicator LED.

[Image: dsc0541697dkx.jpg]
The same , but with flash on.
Note the railings on the highway overpass which i managed to fit after several years delay. Misngth

Still waiting for PSC parts.

Lutz

Messages In This Thread