"Hammerhead" RS-3 Conversion, in HO Scale.
Guys,
Well, I've done it again. I've created something that was only done in a specific way. I've modeled the "Hammerhead" to go onto a ALCO RS-3. Thing is, it has been done in the past, with just a nose to the locomotive. I've done it with the cab attached to the nose! The nice part is, it actually replaces the entire section of the locomotive! No more of this cut the nose off, and fit it to the locomotive front sill. You remove everything from the front of the nose to the rear of the cab, fit it to the long hood, and glue into place. That simple! Also, NO modifications to the drive either, it will allow the factory drive to remain the same! See:

[Image: ALCOHammerheadNoseCab001.jpg]

[Image: ALCOHammerheadNoseCab002.jpg]

The major part of this whole design, is its not made to just fit "one" manufacture, locomotive! IT will FIT ALL of the RS-3's made! With little effort. Not to mention, if you want a "Hammerhead" RS-2, it can also be done! In the above pictures, I have it fitted to a MDC Roundhouse RS-3, that carries the "Athearn" type drive frame.

I know there has been some guys interested in this conversion, and here it is, after 3 years of molding parts, heres one of the progresses after a long time of design stages!

Anyone interested in purchasing any, please contact me off forums and or through my website, found in my signature!
~John AKA "Yellowstone" OR "EM-1"

Messages In This Thread