USRA 2-10-2 light rebuilt
Hello Folks!

In this thread i will report the rebuilding of an junker to a smooth running DCC equipped locomotive.
There was definitely a Monday in the early 1980's in Korea!
This is the object pictured as i got her and it seems it was made on this Monday:

[Image: dsc04936xouam.jpg]
Not even the headlight is bent, this loco has a severe front damage probably caused by crashing from a layout or a table to the ground. Here i have bend the cow catcher near to its original shape. Also the empty coupler box which was 45° angled downwards.
Note ladders from pilot deck to running boards.

[Image: dsc04935b9uvs.jpg]
Note irregular piping. The air pump steam exaust is leading directly into the air tank. Smile
Also note the firebox sides below running board. On both sides they are extremely angled outwards. This was the beginning of the lateron dicovering, that the whole boilder was bent and not square.

[Image: dsc049370vul5.jpg]
This side of the tender seems o.k.

[Image: dsc04938mvu5u.jpg]
Note position of injector and piping to it. The piping to the check valve will reliablely hinder the rear truck to swivel.
The rear end of the loco is really higher than the front end.

[Image: dsc04939wxu2m.jpg]
Some tarnish and some minor dents. Note the missing handrails. The bores were set, but the handrails not mounted.
Note also position of injector on loco.

This was the first glance what i got. It was part of an asset and it was one of this occasions you have to decide immediately, to buy or not to buy, as there will be no second chance. So i bought her in a packet with some other stuff.
And for correctness, the deal was correct in every aspect.

Lutz

Messages In This Thread