Ralph's 2013 Duff Challenge(s)
I'm going to finish my mock up of an F7 cab where I can run trains with a engineer's train cam view. The mock up includes a working throttle and reverser, a train horn, train bell, and locomotive brake that makes an air hiss. Here is the current state of affairs which has been greatly enhanced by the flat screen TV...a Christmas gift from my wife...which will afford me a view from the model train cab. She apparently found a great deal! I made the EMD styled drum control stand years ago and have been reworkng the instrument panel, the brake, the horn and bell. I want to do a neater job behind the scenes with the wiring and placement of the components. It was all a loose mess of wires before. This should be a relatively quick project but putzy. After that I have some other ideas related to this project including putting magnetic couplers on the dummy loco that contains my mini video camera, and I'll need to do some improvements on the backside of some structures that show up on camera...something I hadn't thought of when taking the lazy route of not finishing the parts of buildings that can't be seen while viewing the layout. Nope

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread