Ralph's 2013 Duff Challenge(s)
I got some more work done! Rounding the curve takes us behind Empire Grain and a cayon of silos.
[Image: 007-8_zpscfe27915.jpg]

Since track behind Empire Grain is hidden I decided to treat this area as a different location, which I'm calling "Owdaseit". I suspect the name may be of mixed Algonquin and German heritage, but I'd have to check wih the Chamber of Commerce. I made modifications to the backs of the Empire Grain structures to create another large industry; Hudson Cement. To add some visual interest I added conveyors crossing over the tracks. I also filled in noticeable gaps between track and buildings.

More bad photos of the TV screen...sorry...but its the only way I can get a picture of the area right now.
[Image: 001-27_zpsbbb74c74.jpg]

[Image: 002-23_zps448ce50c.jpg]

[Image: 006-9_zps4ffa9ed8.jpg]

I also made a small commuter station for the hidden community.
Here is an unfortunately fuzzy image of the station platforms.
[Image: 005-15_zps8fc07f03.jpg]

At the end of this section I added some details to MM tower such as the tell tail and the sign for Marion NY.
[Image: 009-4_zpse7bdd050.jpg]

I'm getting near the end of this project. I'm hoping to film a run around the layout using one of those USB coverters mentioned in previous posts so you can get a better look at the cosmetic changes along the tracks.

Messages In This Thread