Ngauger's 2013 Duff Challenge
Just spent an hour and a half with the engine.... and it's Working!!!!!!! 2285_

There's good news and bad news though Sad

It does not like switches. It hops off the track whenever it goes through the turnout. As long as it's going straight through, it's fine... So it can't go around the layout Sad Sad But it can go back & fourth... in place of the trolley Smile

I was thinking about what I wrote in the list above and I was trying to figure out what the heck was going on... and I finally realized that maybe the pickups themselves were not working correctly. I got out the recently recovered Dremel and polished up all the brass.. the journals that the pickups rest on, the pickups, the wheels etc.... So I really have no idea of which issue was at fault - but now when I put it on the track it GOESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Problem number 2 Sad The chug chug sound does not work "slow" enough - it's one continuous sound. I located the 2 "trip bars" on the axle and removed 1 of then to slow the sound down, it helped, but not enough....

Then - I cut the 2 red wires that have been dogging me, i still have no idea what they did, but I don't need them for the LED headlights, I'll just run the light wires off of the repaired pickups Smile There was still no voltage through them even though everything is working correctly now Sad Sad
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???

Messages In This Thread