East Terminal & Newburgh
Hello,

that is really true Tyson.

[Image: dsc02387r2sur.jpg]
Back home there were thoughts hoe to overcome the camouflages plywood district.

[Image: dsc03315z4utc.jpg]
Lesson: The bridge railings were too much delicate to survive repeatedly transportation.

Activities: The repaired railing were reinforced with lenghts of 0.8mm brass wire. This should protect the filigrane railings.

[Image: dsc03699erpt4.jpg]
Later they were painted grey to integrate them into the existing structures.

[Image: dsc037001qpbk.jpg]

[Image: dsc03400wruj0.jpg]

[Image: dsc03401u7u5p.jpg]
Lesson: The moveable opererating switch stands made out of Details West pewter kits are a nice sight, but they were very delicate und prone for damage during transport. Repair of broken parts was nearly impossible, for durable glueing was simply not enough surface existing and you can forget soldering as the pewter material is a kind of solder itself. Tests ended in a catastrophe when a switch stand was reduced to a blobb.

Activities: Try another brand made out of styrene plastic which is easier to repair by glueing.

[Image: dsc034085fs0f.jpg]
More green. As modelling of landscape is not my thing and i have not fewer than ten left thumbs here.
Experimenting with turf from Woodland and shrubbery from Polak, a Czech manufacturer of landscape products.

[Image: dsc03411bbsn8.jpg]
Went fairly well until ...

[Image: dsc03402xlsfv.jpg]
... the plastic bottle bursted suddenly and unexpected when i squeezed it and left a huge lake of PVAC glue onto module #5.
The bursted bottle was photographed afterwards in the garbage bin. Friends this was "green" eco plastic with a restricted life span. 2296_ Blaster

[Image: dsc036712touq.jpg]
What to do with the lake? Take some turf, shrub an other and throw it into the lake. Wait 2 days and look what has developed.

[Image: dsc03500dzs71.jpg]
Lesson: Missing something for tea cups and other stuff to place onto.
Activities: A removeable shelf was made. 

As i wrote, my modular layout will move through the eras. And i decided when is comes for modern era i will cross the border northwards into Canada. More exactly i will attach to CN related prototype. 

Lutz

Messages In This Thread