East Terminal & Newburgh
Hello,

I had really good luck as this here was no molasses and remained not sticky.

[Image: dsc039969zjwx.jpg]
The area of the former PVAC lake as it looks today.

[Image: dsc039978lksy.jpg]
Look to the cut out corner of the ramp.

The reason therefore is this:
[Image: dsc038297bo6f.jpg]

[Image: dsc03830o4rsc.jpg]
As i told my l modular layout is moving through the different eras. For acting in modern eras i added some modern cars to my roster. Amongst others are these 86' Big Blue box cars for automobile parts. To get them hazardless without bouncing the corner switched into this track, the corner was cut out.

[Image: dsc0382286pdb.jpg]
My still growing roster of modern cars. Some were borrowed from a friend of mine, and some were my own property.
Modern cars are longer than the until then accustomed standard 40' cars of earlier eras. But the track lenghts were just the same.
This caused me some headaches.
As Flats was built, i defined the lenght of the sidings for the most industries  in multiples of 40' cars with the exemption of Anderson Steel which is designed to take 53' gondolas. Modern boxcars are 50' or even 60' long. You have to reduce the number of cars for not to exceed the track lenghts.

[Image: dsc03995d0jd6.jpg]
Flats compacted and ready for loading into the car. Only on module #5 the buildings are fixed. The reason is the overhead crane which was impossible to build removeable. The structure is simply to filigrane to survive if lifted off.

[Image: dsc03889css1m.jpg]
Flats on the annual meeting of the Southwest Division 2018. First time in a modern era upset.

[Image: dsc03898g7iba.jpg]

[Image: dsc039045ocwx.jpg]
Fun arranged all Canadian to take pictures.

Lutz

Messages In This Thread