East Terminal & Newburgh
Back home there were more lessons learned. I took the modules separate into my workshop and began to remodel them.

[Image: dsc00977a8cft.jpg]
Module #1
NN Furniture Inc. was reinforced before, but lacked clear visible nameplate. Some try and error with MS Office spawned a representable result. It was printed on paper, then glued onto a piece of cardboard, cereal card bord of course. It was cut out an fixed onto the front of the building. So everyone knows where the car has to be switched when the waybill reads NN Furniture Inc. at Flats.

The same was done with Flats Cold Storage. But here the building was battered due transport damage. The front was made out foamed styrene with brick pattern. This is sensitive at the upper corner were some major damage. This damaged area was covered and reinforced with a piece of suitable strip of wood. A upper railing made out of another strip of wood. Both then were painted somewhat concrete grey.

At least the arrangement of the legs for the modules were altered. Before the built up has to be started with module #2 which has 2 pair of legs. This led often to some confusion with helpers as the order was:  #2 - #1 - #3 - #4 - #5.

Now module #1 has 2 pair of legs and the built up can be done beginning with #1 and continuing straightforward till #5.

[Image: dsc009780uiix.jpg]
Some more vegetation in the style of uncontrolled growth was added. In my eyes this is still imperfect, because i have here in case of landscaping 10 left thumbs.

Then a decision was made in question of Flats Cold Storage.
In the times of steam era this now ancient brick built refrigerated warehouse was certainly state of the art. And for the 1920's till the 1960's this warehouse will be used on the layout as is. But in later eras there were modern sucessors of refrigerated warehouses. This will result at least in an exhibit of changed buildings according to the set up era.

[Image: dsc01149mij24.jpg]
My scrutiny felt onto Walthers modern warehouse. Here as background model and there is still some brick.
Playing around with the parts contained in the kit, nothing is glued here. All was still open in any directions when i took the picture.

Lutz

Messages In This Thread