East Terminal & Newburgh
Meanwhile on the other end on module #2 on the iron works plant...

[Image: dsc02656kesvy.jpg]
... i started to made a loading ramp for trucks. Styrene-sheets, -channels and -rods were the basics.
On the left the concrete ramp from Kibri for railroad cars was one of the few things overtaken from my German stuff.
The truck is bashed also. Here i was was not agreed with the position of the rear axle as delivered. After researches in the www i decided to move the rear axle back. The chassis was cut into several pieces which were reassembled in a manner the rear axle got this place. Thus creating a longer wheelbase and the truck appears more "grown up".

[Image: dsc02671xksu4.jpg]
And speaking of vehicles. I looked on my collection of German stuff if there were some vehicles which could be reused on the US layout.
At first a Ford 3ton (Cologne built) 1939 styling with canvas top.
A 1952 Opel Blitz 1,75ton ( aka "Weichblitz"). The cab with its split windshield is basically the 1950 Chevrolet. But the front axle is significant more rearward mounted, thus leading to different front fenders.
A Volvo PV544, don't know if and how much were imported to the US.
1950 Ford Taunus (Cologne built "Buckeltaunus"), a stylish interpretation of the US 1940 Ford Sedan.
Mercedes Benz 180 ("Ponton") don't know if and how much were imported to the US.
A Mercedes truck type L3500 with an resine body.

[Image: dsc027870wjz0.jpg]
The loading facitilities were completed and painted. The areal was paved with cobblestones, may be "Deutsche Gründlichkeit" because the founder of the iron works was of German origin?
A pair of NYC mikados and their cabooses are passing by.

[Image: dsc027969iwj.jpg]
And here it became more green. Here i glued small irregular ripped pieces of grass mats onto the ground. Landscape forming is my weak point. Here i have twenty left thumps and i am still a greenhorny rookie.
Also the indicator tables of the switch stand were painted red.

[Image: dsc027976gow.jpg]
A walthers roof equipment kit was purchased and loosely placed onto the roofs to look how it looks.

Lutz

Messages In This Thread