EZ's 2013 duff challenge part 2
Yes, there is progress, no, it's not astounding enough to even warrant comments, even though there are quite a few hours of work there. I finished the fascia trim and cut the door parts. I decided to redesign the doors. Well, actually I had little choice based on the size of the piece of Plexiglas that I had. In order to use a single piece in each door, I would have had to use 2" wide pieces for the rails and stiles, covering up the top and bottom shelves when the doors are closed. I decided to add muntin bars (window dividers) and divide the doors into thirds. That way I could make the doors tall enough so they don't block any of the shelves. I also opted for a more plain look which made it easier for me not to have to route a fancy edge on all the pieces.

I added the fascia trim which gives me a total of 1.5" for the door frame to rest on:

Here are the door parts ready to stain and assemble. I cut tenons in the ends to fit into the slots I cut for the Plexiglas:

This is the first dry fit for the door parts to be sure all the spacing is correct:

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread