Vestvagoy / A norway harbour at 1/13.7 scale
Modeling "water" is never easy. The scene in this picture, is on a river, just inland from the sea. It is 1/4" plywood, sanded smooth, and spray painted a dark blue, with a clear gloss over. I waited until all the paint was dry, and then used a clear acrylic floor polish to add some more shine.

This is in HO scale. The scale you will be working in will almost require that you model every wave, and ripple of the water surface ! :o Big Grin
The only thing I can think of, to do, is, play with some of the techniques you have already found, to model the waves and ripples, and the traces of the wind on the water surface, on pieces of the material you will use for the "base" of your "sea". Choose the one technique that makes the best looking water, and go with it.
I would recommend that you use a "stand-in" for your boat ( a form identical to the lower part of the boat's hull, that you can coat with something that will keep it from being "glued into the water" ), when you do the water surface, so that when the water is done, you can set the boat in place and it will look like it is "in the water" , and not just sitting "on" the water.
Wishing you luck with this. Cheers Cheers
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread