EZ's 2013 adoption challenge
Now, if you think I skipped a few steps, well I did. I didn't think anyone needed to see a step-by-step of putting kits together, so here are a few shots of where I am as of a few minutes ago. The paint and glue are still wet on some of these structures, but here they are in all their glory. They are all from four different kits, The butane tank was one kit, and was a bear to put together. There were about 80 parts held together only by glue. Get one part off a bit and the rest don't fit right. The horizontal tanks and the storage house came from another Con-Cor kit and another one that I have no idea what I did with the rest. The other tanks and the Quonset building are part of a Walther's Interstate Fuel kit.

I've still got a ways to go, I have a few more structures, accessories and small tanks to build, paint and weather most everything and add a whole lot of pipes to bring it all together. I will need to rearrange everything, add gravel and put a chain link fence around the whole thing.

I'll post some progress pics as I go....

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread