EZ's 2013 adoption challenge

It’s been a while since I posted any updates. Yup, I’m still schlepping along on my fuel depot, and yeah, it shows little noticeable progress for the work I have done. Nevertheless, here we are as it sits today:

1. I changed locations on my layout. I just couldn’t get the traffic flow right at the other spot (assuming that trucks will come in to load and people will drive their cars to work) so here we are with structures about where I think they should be. It even has an good siding now for delivery.
  2. One thing that’s been taking my time is that I started out doing the kitbashed brick office building that I wanted to do, and after about 142 man-hours of work, :o (well, it seemed like it), re-gluing after pulling the pieces out of the trash numerous times, and more strip and refinishes than I can count, I finally found a permanent home for it in our 1:1 local landfill. :o I opted for a scratchbuilt building (B) and after probably another 142 man-hours of work and repaints, I think the paint on it is thicker than the plastic and so, I’ll be starting that over again as well. I could have built a full-scale building in that amount of time. 35
  3. My biggest problem is access across the tracks (A). I either need to raise the road, lower the tracks or add a bridge and go under. I don’t know yet which is best to do. I'm open to suggestions. Welcome
  4. I need to rebuild the guard shack (D). I took the glass from a store with lots of windows, and so it needs a few walls added. Can I get that right the first time??????
  5. Finally, I need to add a road © through the facility and add blacktop and gravel where needed.
  6. Oh yeah, I also need around 1000' of chain link fencing. Icon_lol
Why am I posting this when I've made so little progress? Well, I just don't want anyone to think that I've given up. Nope Based on the way things are going though, I should have a new scratchbuilt office that I'm happy with by Easter and the rest by Thanksgiving of next year, Eek or about a year later after this challenged closed. Sad I wouldn’t mind except that I don’t seem to be pleased with anything and keep doing it over and over and find that I’m still not pleased…. And I’m really easy to please. Nope Then again, it's hard to get in trouble with such dedication to mediocrity as this..... 357
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread