EZ's 2013 adoption challenge
One of my favorite movie lines is that infamous saying by Commander Quincy Taggart from Galaxy Quest… “Never give up, never surrender.” On this project, sometimes it’s painfully slow going, but I’m not giving up…or surrendering. Nope

Things so far look a bit messy and unfinished, well, that’s because they are. Misngth OK, a lot messy and unfinished, but since my last post I have done the following:

The stucco office and guard shack have been rebuilt, but both still need more details added. This time I used the right glue for the plastic I used. Thumbsup

I cut a piece of foamboard to fit the area where the depot will go, and cut out holes for those structures that will be at ground or below ground level. I figured using foamboard would be the only way I’d wind up with a flat and level surface.

I used a roller to press down where to concrete road will be to form gutters. I also feathered around the edges so there’s not much thickness there to deal with. Fortunately, the board retains its compression.

I did some rough painting of the road and where I’m testing out where there might be asphalt paving. That could change depending on how things look. I might put in some grassy areas and/or add gravel to some spots. I temporarily put the structures where they’ll be so I can decide just what will look best for the surfaces.

I’m not sure if I want to put in fencing, I’d have probably close to 2,000 scale feet to chain link fence to build, and if I do, that could add another six months to this already grossly late project. Icon_lol

It still doesn’t look like much yet, and may never look great, but hey, I’m trying and yes, I am driven by those immortal words of Commander Quincy Taggart. 357
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread