EZ's 2013 adoption challenge
Sumpter250 Wrote:ezdays wrote: " I’d have probably close to 2,000 scale feet to chain link fence to build."
Don Icon_twisted Icon_twisted That's only Twelve Feet, Six Inches of Nscale chain link fence. Icon_twisted Icon_twisted

In Horribly Oversised scale that would be Twentythree Feet !!!! The hard part is finding a Tulle with a fine enough weave, as to produce a chain link that would look good in N scale.
Put it another way, that 126 inches of fence. At about an inch a day, that comes close to six months to build.....

I do have a roll of tulle "shimmer" that would work in N scale. It has a tight enough crisscross, and has a light gray glisten to it so I wouldn't even have to paint it. Not only that, but it is 25 yards long so I wouldn't even have any seams. What's the problem you say? Trying to cut a 3/4" strip that is twelve feet, six inches long that stays consistently wide. :cry: I've tried several things and I'm not out of ideas yet so there is still a chance I can do it. If not, the RR security force can keep things under control. Wink
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread