E-paw's Orphan challenge part 1.
OK OK,,, I will be doing a few smaller projects for this challenge, so here it is the first part of my orphan challenge. It one that was neglected for quite some time. The Anthracite Railroads Historical society owns an A-B-A set of F-3's that are used for excursions out of Steamtown in Scranton Pennsylvania. Before we start the prime movers up we hook up a pre-Lube pump to the engine block, to get the oil circulating through the engine block. This helps to prevent wear and prolong the life of the diesel. The electrical connections for the pump could use a little TLC to say the least. It is very difficult to get the pump turning in the right direction and I feel it is a little on the unsafe side, it should have been fixed up years ago, It has been like this for as long as the ARHS has owned the loco's. So I have adopted this project as the first part of my orphan challenge. I only have one day to do both A units as we have our first excursion on the 29th.    
So at next weeks work session I will get this done. I will also be doing the ride along with the engine crew for this trip, so I'll have a bunch of pics to post afterword's.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  

Messages In This Thread