A second start for my "White Swan" reefers
Wayne, thanks for your calculation.
But one question, can you be sure that the picture is not stretched or compressed in one direction. I have looked and studied this picture and I did not find an answer to this question. However if I take your value of 11' for my model then I worked very close to original car. There is only a very small difference - I built the bodies only .01' smaller as I should do this.
In this reason, thanks again - for giving a good affirmation to my work.
And second I would like to use these cars only with my 1900 train and I think that most of all these cars were scrapped after 1930, the time of my second favored modeling time. Therefore no an occasion to run my White swans in my 1930 model train. But from time to time I should ask if I can use one or other 36' car together mit the 1930 cars - or should I build a few additional older 36' cars for this train?
However in moment I'm fascinated more and more by a 60' NP boxcar with two doors which I have found in 1922 Car Builders' Cyclopedia.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.

Messages In This Thread