Old radios
All though I got my degree in the post transistor era of electronics. Devry did teach a little bit on the theory of vacuum tubes as in some areas of electronics equipment still used tubes. So I know about screens, control grids, anodes and cathodes all internal parts of a tube also used to be able to read schematics for tube circuits the one people usually miss is the dot inside of a vacuum symbol tells you that the tube is actually a gas filled tube.

I had electronics in high school for 2 years at a vocational school, went to Devry for an associates degree right out of high school, worked a bunch of jobs from circuit assembly(boring), custom circuitry and industrial control applications and some TENS(muscle stimulators) and last electronic job was working on copiers. Other jobs I have had are printshop/bindery, Microfilm camera operator and entry level IT assistant(took a bunch of discombobulated pc's and built some working systems out of them) also ghosted a network of computers(that was fun)

I still have fun with electronics but as a job I did not want to even see a soldering Iron when I was at home Icon_lol

Will take a pic of the backside of radio as the old loop style antennas are kinda neat and there is not much circuitry compared to the total size of cabinet that it occupies.

Messages In This Thread