Interest In Tour Car or Car Exchange?
Here's what I'm currently thinking, based on the very good input above:

Individual participants will have different schemes of operation, as well as era and prototype preference. Since the main priority of the program is fellowship, the priority activity is to exchange a car. Each participant should find some justification for receiving a car from any other participant, under the general understanding that the car will be HO scale with operable wheels and Kadee-compatible couplers. Pairs of participants may work out between themselves the exact era of equipment, type of shipment, the consignee and shipper and their theoretical "location" at whatever level of detail they find mutually satisfactory. This can certainly be explained when they post photos of the exchange. Sample paperwork for those who are interested will be provided on the blog. Participants are encouraged to experiment in this area and report on experiments.

What I would tentatively like to do is list participants in alphabetical order by their forum IDs on whatever forum and encourage the first pair (Al and Bob, say) to work out an exchange. Then Chuck and Dan, Ed and Frank, and so forth. For starters, I think we'll go by cycles. In other words, we'll begin a cycle early in September and let it run until all participants have exchanged cars. Then we'll recalibrate, list new members if any, and repeat. We'll use the comment section on the blog to resolve problems, exchange ideas, and so forth.

New participants may join at any time by contacting the coordinator and requesting their name be put on the list, although it may take time to set up an exchange with an available current member. If two new participants join at once, they can set up an exchange right away. A participant may leave the program at any time by requesting his name be removed from the list of eligibles.

Suggestions welcomed!

Messages In This Thread