New small ISL trackplan - need feedback
Yngve;

I don't see anything that needs to be radically changed, although I think the dept of 30" on the scenic area may be a bit much - 24" would probably work just fine, but that's your call. You've got plenty of locations to spot cars without trying to fill every inch with track and switches and which is what you want on a switching layout. You certainly don't need a runaround track on an industrial spur of this length just to try and add some kind of complexity to operations. You'll find industrial spurs all over the country where the train is shoved into the spur.

About the only change I'd make would be to make the warehouse occupy the full length of that spur, to allow a couple more car spots. But otherwise, I'd make the open area beyond it, into some other industry rather than what appears to be another team track area.

I like the double staging track, which would allow you to have two trains staged that could work the spur at different times, i.e.; a first shift and third shift job, each of which might only work specific industries.
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread