New small ISL trackplan - need feedback
Yngve Wrote:In regards to the double staging track that was my idea to have two trains on the layout, simply so that I can have longer operating sessions without having to use my hands to change the rolling stock.
I've being playing around with that same idea on my layout, where I could have two separate trains staged for longer operating sessions. Perhaps one crew switches only one of the larger industries and the other takes care of the remaining ones.

As for no runaround, that is certainly no problem. I'm aware of some fairly short industrial spurs that do include a runaround (Richwood, KY on the NS comes immediately to mind), they seem to be few and far between. Although I've played around with a few track plans for my own switching layout that could include a runaround, it just never looks or feels right for an industrial spur that is just slightly over 1/4 scale mile in length. Having the engine shove the train into the spur and work the industries has never been an issue with me and having worked similar long spurs in that manner out in the real world, it's something that feels quite natural to me.
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread