Paint Adhesion Issues
I’m checking out the samples of the trucks that I have completed so far. The first one had no prep at all and was painted with Polly Scale and it has actually sticking pretty well, maybe the bond got stronger after a week? The second one I prepped by scrubbing with Bon Ami cleaner which was handy and it took the shine off the truck. I used Polly Scale and now that I check it again the bond is also better than last week. I can’t say one is better than the other, but they both seem much better to me. The last truck had no prep, Model Masters paint and it flakes off the easiest, actually real easy, but it was only painted 24 hours ago. I will prep another truck with the Bon Ami and paint it with the Model Masters to see how it sticks. I will also give it several more days to dry/cure to be fair.

The un-prepped, Model Master painted Micro Engineering track is a big fail as well. It flakes off very easily Nope . I’m cleaning a section now to see how it will react with new paint, both Polly Scale and Model Masters.

The sample I have of Polly Scale on rail is not going anywhere. I would probably need sandpaper to get it off Thumbsup . So my problems seem to be only on the soft plastic.

As for the spray cans, I only have a little track to do so it would probably be wasteful. I also need to practice on my air brush and I figure what better way than to force myself to use it whenever possible. Plus, I have lots of bottled paint already on hand. 357

Mark

Messages In This Thread