New Plan
After a couple of years' studying all things trackplan, I submit for your critique my latest N scale trackplan.....

Scale: N (1/160)
Era/Locale: 1956-1976 along the route from Ft. Worth, Tx to Wilmington, NC
Prototype: Freelance based on Cotton Belt, KCS, SP, Southern, Santa Fe
Benchwork: 9'x12'x9' around the walls with expanded return loop peninsulas
Elevation: Track height 51" with max 3% grades to 57"; min turn radius - 13"
Track: Microengineering Code 55 weathered flex track; med turnouts
Control: Digitrax Zephyr w/throttle DCC

I have already had this plan operational with old, Atlas code 80 flex, so this plan fits the benchwork already contructed. Now I'm ready to make things permanent with the new Microengineering Code 55. But before I do, I just wanted to hear what you guys had to say as far as the operational aspect of this plan.

The west side of the layout is based on North Central Texas with the "Three C's" of Texas industry - cotton, crude and cattle...

The middle section is all full-service maintenance and double-ended classification yard. It also has a scenic block hiding the return trip around the layout....This is the focal point of the layout almost 11 N scale feet of yard with a/d track, east and west thru freight, east and west local, RIP maintenance and diesel service facility

The east side is patterned after North Carolina with lumber and coal as the main industries, and dramatic mountain scenery...

Looking to you all for comments and suggestions to improve.......

This plan is NOT to scale, just a drawing...    
Cheers,
Richard

T & A Layout Build http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic...=46&t=7191

Messages In This Thread