New Plan
Thanks for your reply Wayne, I was hoping you we're going to chime in at some point. Logging and sawmills are a fascinating industry with such an interesting and rich history. No wonder there is a dedicated forum on BB which proved to be helpful.

Based on space, here' s how I intend to model the sawmill scene....the mill will receive logs in two ways - via logging trucks and via floating logs from the river. Wayne' pic showed cranes at the log pond to offload logs into the pond for storage. They will then be raised onto the conveyor and into the mill for processing. Finished lumber will then be stacked and stored for delivery via rail from the mill down to Bodden Yard for classification. Not many sawmills were being served by rail into the 70s, trucks dominated by then.

This scene has a lot of modeling potential - log drivers on the river and log pond, crane equip for unloading logs into the pond, stacks of finished lumber, storage outbuildings, and the scene that gets my chili hot....log boons!

Suggestions on how this industry should operate are welcomed....

Attached Files Image(s)

Cheers,
Richard

T & A Layout Build http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic...=46&t=7191

Messages In This Thread