New Plan
unfortunately these are some of the images lost in a crash several years ago.
Charlie

(07-27-2019, 08:35 AM)railandsail Wrote:
(01-10-2014, 05:34 PM)scubadude Wrote: Here's an updated track plan...I didn't get a whole lot of feedback on the original posting, this updated version shows the EB and WB hidden interchange/staging. The intent is to have a place for the EB and WB thru freights to go and return from later. I did not intend to give so much space to a single sawmill, but the more I researched how they operated the bigger it got, but I think it will look cool when it's done...

So far my experience with trackplanning software has helped, but for me touching, feeling and moving around the track is better.  The plan on paper translated pretty well to the benchwork, but I underestimated some clearances for scenery and buildings, etc so I will have to make some adjustments come scenery time. So just because if fits nicely on paper might mean your planned mountain will be more like a mole hill...

If y'all see anything I need to change, don't be bashful...at this stage I have all risers and foam roadbed down with track loosely in place.  I seem to spend a lot of time just staring at it and imagining all the movements and can't stare anymore, so now you can stare..... Confusedunhock:

Next up: laying track and aligning and wiring those %^&*$#% tortoise switch machines... Wallbang

Is there some reason I can not open up that image of his trackplan? I was reading thru this subject thread in hopes of seeing what others had done with their logging track plans

Messages In This Thread