So there I was... (III)
If I won a Honda on a game show...I would trade it for a Dodge.

One of my nieghbors ahd bought a Honda Accord, brand new out of the lot. They took it in for the first regular service.
They were told they need a tranny and radiator flush. $700. dollars(Funny, they wern't covered on the warranty.) A few months down the line, the brakes started to squeal. They took it in and were told there was a recall on the brakes. They had not recieved any letters, didn't hear nothing on the news. The dealer told him:"We let people know when they come in for service." "What!!!!!!!. I have a two year old....Theres a problem with the brakes!...And now you're telling me!. See that Grand Caravan over there.....I think you better start the paper work on transfer, cause I'm not driving this POS home. And...if you don't do it, I will be calling DOT and having you investigated(Never PO a police officer)....Oh..There better be the six disc changer and DVD palyer also."
He did report them, they did get closed down. Seems like the dealer was scaming people for years. This was five years ago. He still has the Caravan....Loves it! He told me, after he told his sister what the Honda dealer did, she immediatly traded in her Honda(She lives out of state). She told him that it was causing her more to keep it, then it was for her husband to renovate a '64 1/2 Mustang.
Go figure......

When Better-Half and I went shopping for a new car, well used, the Grand Caravan we bought, was parked next to a Honda Accord. Without any prompt from me, she picked the Grand Caravan. I love the thing. Oh...Yeah...We don't have kids. So its not like we needed it.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.

Messages In This Thread