Read the labels
I was building a small office structure for my N scale fuel depot challenge (yeah, months later but I'm still at it), and I was wondering why I was having so many problems with the  sheet plastic I was using. I had some leftover Plas-Tex that I thought would be ideal, it was textured on one side, smooth on the other, cut easilly and was .060" thick. I had rolled up what I had left so to didn't take up as much room, and it sat that way in the garage for the best part of a year.

First of all, the parts I cut out had curves in most of the walls and roof that would not flatten out, even though the building dimensions were only 2" x 4" x 2". The second thing that was problematic was gluing the pieces. I tried several different solvent-based glues and none of them seemed to stick. Some wouldn't adhere to the plastic, others seemed to bond, then the parts would come apart easily after the glue dried. Even "Crazy Glue", didn't work well. Nope

Well, I went out to the garage and luckily the label was still on the back of what was left of the sheet. I think it is self-explanatory why I was having these problems. You can also see what happens when you don't follow directions. :oops:  :oops:

Amazing what information the manufacturer gives you when you take the time to read it.... Icon_lol

Yes, I did scrap the structure, yes I will redo it, no, I won't make the same mistakes this time.  Nope  Nope
I just thought I'd post this and possibly save someone else the frustration and embarrassment that I went through. 35  35

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread