Inexplicable wheel grime?
Green_Elite_Cab Wrote:I've run into a tough problem. One of my locomotives (an atlas ALP44) cannot travel a single lap around the club's layout without accumulating a significant amount of grime and gunk. I find myself cleaning the wheels every two laps, and it barely gets though those laps without loosing power due to grime.

First, I would try Aero-Car ACT-6006 Track and Rail Cleaner, but the best plan would be for the club to appoint a member to the "Pre-run, club layout track-cleaning committee", to insure that all the "stuff" that lands on the rails, is cleaned off prior to the operating session.
I am no longer a member of the club I once belonged to, because of this exact same problem.
I use a track cleaning car, and the ACT-6006, to keep the narrow gauge rails on my modules clean, at shows. The crowds stir up lot of "Rail Pollution", and the track cleaner has been well worth the effort and expense.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread