Thinking of getting power tools
TeeJay, I use my scroll saw as a substitute for better, more precise tools. There is such a variety of blades available at a reasonable price that I find I can do a lot. I use a bigger blade for rip cuts because the grain will throw the cut away from the fence. To be honest, if I had the money, I would have them all, but at my age I have all time and I don't punch a clock. I can't say it would be more versital, but you seem to know your way around tools so I think you would enjoy having one.
Don't forget to look on Craigslist too. I also have a 1/2 in drill press that I use at times, but I wish at times I had a very slow rpm press when drilling holes for grabs. I just bought a slow cordless drill that I am going to play with. I think I can make a press to hold it, and I can chuck a pin vise in it to hold the tiny bits.
I have never been cut on the scroll saw and I have worked really close to the blade. I am not saying it won't cut you, but I feel safer with small things than I do with my band saw or the 12 inch table saw. I would also like to have a little 1 in belt sander so I could waste some more styrene. Goldth
Charlie

Messages In This Thread