Our 5 Year 2014 Appeal...
Here we are celebrating the 5th year of our railroad hobby forum. Whether you were here through the Gauge.com/Zealot/The Gauge.net years or you have just joined, we would like to express our gratitude for your participation here at Big Blue.

Don and I know, that it seems like we say pretty much the same things every year in these appeal posts, but you know, that’s a great thing! It means that our members are consistently a cut above the average and the staff and membership in our opinion is the greatest!!! The people that stop in here and post their day-to-day issues and comments, the ones who are not afraid to ask a question or 3… or 4 Goldth … the people that answer those questions honestly and precisely and without “looking down” on the person asking the question(s) are by far the best!!!

One of the things that Don and I hear (and sometimes see posted) is how, at other forums, members are chided about asking questions. I remember being a member of another site and I was genuinely unnerved about asking anything for fear of a harsh rebuttal instead of a constructive comment. Not so here! As far as we have seen; everyone either says something positive or they just don’t post, which is fine with us. Yes, there are exceptions, but they are fortunately, few and far between.

So, we have arrived at yet another new year, another anniversary… and another appeal. We are here for you all. For all you want to post, teach, learn and comment about. No conglomerate – No company “owns” us – We have no one to answer to except the members! We like it that way too!!! Oh yeah – and NO ADS!!!!!! No pop-ups, no words in a post changed into a link to an ad........nothing, but our individual work and posts!!!

So, next time you go to another forum or site. Pay attention to what’s in the right hand column. Pay attention to the highlighted and underlined words… Pay attention to the ad links somewhere on almost every page you visit. Most of them all pay “Click Through” money to the owners of the site. The newest one I know of is bitly. Facebook uses it! If you click on a bitly link, it PAYS Facebook a few cents that goes toward the upkeep of the site.

Nothing here like that!!! Nope!!!! All we ask is that once in a while, if you have the spare cash, if you really enjoy stopping by here… that you donate some small amount to help Don & I keep all those bad and distracting things Out of Here!!!! Smile We know not everyone has the ability to contribute and that’s fine with us! We could actually manage on our own for a time, but we are from the old school, “It never hurts to ask”!

So, if you can’t contribute, then please; visit as much as you want and enjoy the fun here at Big Blue! We don’t mind at all!!!! But, if you can help us out in any small way, we, as always, appreciate the help…

Don & Mikey. Co-Owners and Administrators of a really great family oriented bulletin board. Smile

Messages In This Thread