Weekly Photo Fun 1/17 -1/23/13
acelaphillies Wrote:G.E.C, those Metroliners look great! These are really the only pictures that I have seen so far of them on a layout.

Under the lighting conditions at your home layout, the plating looks really good. I don't think it looks too shiny, but instead adds to the realism. Too bad you didn't have the Metros when you visited Andy Rubbo's layout a few months ago, you could have done a photo shoot there too!

First up, Welcome to the gauge, its nice to have some more Juice-Jack people here!

I definitely like the plating on these cars, and I'm glad manufacturers have seen the light regarding these metallic finishes, though i am disappointed with the price increases.

That would definitely look great on Andy's layout, though I think those Metroliners would be a nightmare for his catenary. The springs on these Metroliners are particularly strong, and they bend even my wires, which are thicker steel! My phosphur bronze stuff on my Reading Module can't handle them at all.

I asked him if he was going to pick up a set, but I suspect most people didn't want to pay the extreme price for a PRR set, and as has been pointed out elsewhere in the internet, The Amtrak scheme Walthers went with is pretty limited (few cars had the stripes, most were in PC paint).

Again, you're right about the finish. They are still shiny, even today-

[Image: 81808strasburg049.jpg]

[Image: 81909Strasburg073.jpg]
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread