Weekly Photo Fun 1/17 -1/23/13
Green_Elite_Cab Wrote:
acelaphillies Wrote:Thanks! And yes, the few, but also the passionate electric railfans!

If you really want to model this stuff, you should join our modular NEC club. We don't have any dues or anything right now, so its all free for the time being. Most of our members are in the Philadelphia area, so you're set.
I have seen you mention this club a few times. Do you have any more info? PM me if you would like.

Green_Elite_Cab Wrote:
acelaphillies Wrote:Yes I read that he rigs up his pans so that they are in a fixed position and do not put too much pressure on the wires. He would probably have to do that to the Metros before he put them on his layout. I have never actually seen his layout in person, but would love to some day. The pictures always blow me away.

I was just there for an open house this past November. Its very nice, though its barely 1/4 complete! His pantographs are not fixed. In reality, he has weakened his pantograph springs, AND he has rebuilt is pantographs so that they break away if they snag.

He was showing me one pantograph at a train show, and it crumbled in my hands, I thought I broke it! but that was by design.

At the same time though, his wire is built to a much finer scale than my wire (or most Model railroad catenary for that matter), so he REALLY needs to have the pressure down just right.

Wow, that sounds pretty neat. I'm sure doing that with all of the pans is much better than bringing down any wires!!

Messages In This Thread