Attempting a Dual Power locomotive.
If I really wanted to nitpick, that locomotive is numbered as an E60CH, but the body shell is that of an E60CP. There are a pair of Steam Generator vents just over the "8" behind the cab on the non-pantograph end. Only the first few E60s had these, most were of the E60CH variety.

To nitpick further, its unlikely 978 was ever in Phase III paint with that number. When they were repainted, they got 600 series numbers.

In any event, depending on what sort of engine this is, you might want to leave them on, or not. Is it a passenger of freight unit?

Dual modes are very specialized locomotives, and I think most (if not all) North American examples are passenger units. The main examples that I know of are the FL9, P32AC-DM, DE30ACDM, and the ALP45DP. Almost all of these operate out of either Penn Station or Grand Central Terminal in New York (I suspect the ALP45s might be assigned to the Hoboken division across the Hudson river from New York City)

The wheel base on a C40-8 should be close, I'm assuming the E60's original frame doesn't perform well?
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread