How much can we justify spending?
MountainMan Wrote:[...Back to the discussion - how much can we and DO we justify spending on our hobby?

Well, just to answer YOUR question, at my age, as little as possible. Misngth I don't plan on creating an empire, nor do I spend every free minute working on my layout or running trains. As such, I enjoy what I do when I do it, and I have a little but of money set aside in the event I feel or have the need to buy something. The fact is, that I get more out of creating something from just material and spare parts at hand. I have never been one to go out and buy the latest and greatest of anything, just to say I have one.

So, directed to your question, I can justify spending what I have set aside for such stuff and possibly a bit more. I just don't spend it unless I find something that I want, so I have enough to meet my current needs. That could always change if I had unlimited resources, since then, I wouldn't have to be concerned about such frivolous things as living expenses and medical upkeep.

The bottom line is, I can justify more than I actually do spend. I hope you weren't looking for hard numbers.... Smile
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread