Passing of Alvin F Stauffer
It doesn't happen too much here or on The Whistle Post, but there are people who have any number of sore points and will become agitated if you go anywhere near them. If you mention MR in less than flattering terms (especially in its really, really bad Russ Larson-Andy Sperandeo days), or Tony Koester ditto, or Lance Mindheim in any context other than he's Einstein, there are people who will get upset. ISLs in any but flattering terms will get people upset. I got banned from a forum once for not anticipating that remarks among these general areas would be controversial, and thus showed poor judgment in not keeping my mouth shut.

I could demonstrate this by linking to some easily controvertible statement by Lance Mindheim on his blog (even saying I'm sure he's a nice guy but) and then suggesting an ISL isn't necessarily the best choice of layout for many modelers, and I'd get REALLY angry replies even here. I have enough sense not to do this, and I now stay away from threads where these views would be unwelcome. On the other hand, there are neighborhoods I don't go into, either.

Messages In This Thread