I found a wayback machine
Wink I caught some pretty cold responses from the MR staff, up at Trainfest, when I questioned MR's move to RTR, and went longer between issues that had construction articles in them. The upshot of all that is simple, Today's "modeler", can buy just about everything they need RTR.........so the don't have to be "modelers".
I, somehow, seem to get far more enjoyment out of operating something that I built with my own hands. Of my two 2-4-4-2's, I run the 3' gauge outside frame one that I bashed from a "Roundhouse" 3-in-1 kit, far more than the Gem standard gauge, brass, Little River 2-4-4-2. That one I only painted.....the narrow gauge took quite a bit of "construction time".

Railroad Model Craftsman, is currently the only subscription "railroad" magazine, that I get. I look at the new issues of MR at the hobby shop, but it's been years now since I found anything interesting to me, there.
In 1958, an issue of MR, and RMC were $0.50 each. In 1971 they were both $0.60. In 2007, MR was $5.95, and RMC was $4.99.

**Guess "Klambake" publishing was buying more expensive paper than RMC Wink Eek Icon_twisted Big Grin Big Grin**
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread