Minimum depth of "water".
For poops and giggles I decided to e-mail Unreal Details the makers of Magic Water my dilemma. I received a very prompt response from them.

Quote:-----Original Message-----
From: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:unrealdetails@aol.com">unrealdetails@aol.com</a><!-- e --> <unrealdetails@aol.com>
To:
Sent: Wed Feb 04 17:32:18 2009
Subject: Re: Magic Water

Hi Shane! You have 8 Sq feet of area to cover. My 96oz size will cover 11 sq feet 1/8" deep. 1/8" to 1/4" deep should be plenty deep especially since you are simulating a deep body of water and are painting the base a dark color. I would go with the 96oz and if you feel you want it deeper you can always add more. Most pours average this depth unless you want to see true depth and are submerging large objects in the product, like a submarine or large fish etc. Theres an article on the cover of the current Feb issue of Model Railroader Magazine where they have done the Milwaukee Harbor with my stuff. I assure you in any case you will love this product. Thanks very much for writing and I hope Ive answered your questions, if not let me know. Sincerely, Dave Williams

-----Original Message-----
To: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:Unrealdetails@aol.com">Unrealdetails@aol.com</a><!-- e -->
Sent: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 2:35 pm
Subject: Magic Water

Good Afternoon,

I’m planning a fairly large harbor scene for an HO scale model rail road. The lake bed measures approximately 12” x 96” x .5” depth which I think equals 576 cubic inches. Converted to ounces I get 319 U.S. liquid ounces. My questions are, what would you recommend would be a reasonable depth to pour? Is ½ an inch too much, could I get away with a ¼ of an inch and still create the illusion of a deep harbor docking area? I planned on painting the lake bed a base color of a dark blue/green color.

Either way, how much Magic Water would I be looking at purchasing here in order to complete my setting?

One problem...The 96oz kit costs $100.00 USD. (gulps)...that's a rather tough amount to swallow. Nope

Messages In This Thread