Updated layout photos
Still working on the backside of the layout adding some ground cover etc.I will admit I found myself doing some things more than once because I did not get the desired results that I was looking for.
First up is the oil dealer. I added a tank truck loading rack with a small pump house and a covered storage area on the left side for drum and pallet storage.The asphalt parking lot was achieved by first gluing down a layer of fine sand.Once this was dry I took charcoal craft paint,added a little black,thinned it with a little water and brushed it on. I was not overly concerned about even coverage because asphalt is not always a consistent color.
[Image: OilCo.jpg]

In the freight handling area I added stone in the area by the fence.This area will be used for inbound/outbound freight,either for truck or rail. I also added a small structure that will serve as a garage/office for the trucking co. serving this area.
[Image: Freight.jpg]

Next up in the freight car clean out track and boiler house. I basically used the same treatment here as I did with the oil co.
[Image: Boiler.jpg]

This last shot shows part of the road that services the cafe and engine house. I was not happy with the way the road was turning out . I saw some pictures on another forum of concrete roads and said to myself "why not"? So I sanded them down some,added expansion joints,smoothed out the shoulders and repainted it. Now I have the look I was after.
[Image: Road-1.jpg]

I still have some work to do on the back side before I go to work on the front side. I figure once I have the front side done and the track ballasted then I can go back and add all the little details and some final scenery details.
Enjoy-Bob

Messages In This Thread