Plastic cement
Hypo syringe needles can be purchased with "blunt" ( square cut, as opposed to angle cut...helps prevent accidental injections of "glue" )tips. I use one for applying carpenter's glue, when building small wood structures. It got a lot of use, so far, with the "Lobster Pound" construction.
I keep a short piece of Brass rod ( of the required diameter to fit ) in the tip of the needle. It helps keep the glue, in the needle, from drying out and plugging the needle.
MEK, is a great plastic cement ! H O W E V E R , Seriously !!, use adequate ventilation, and avoid, as much as possible, skin contact. MEK can do ugly things. I use a small paint brush to apply the MEK to the joint. ( it evaporates too quickly to apply it to the part and then try to join it to the model, or another part )
MEK was used to assemble this "Junkbuild" space craft, out of plastic pill bottles, flash cubes, salvaged plastic kit parts, etc.
Oh yeah, there's a plastic "shot glass", and a Ping Pong ball in there too ! Icon_twisted Wink Big Grin

We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread